Random ShotsMeadow Mountain, looking East from the Saddle.
New to Backcountry Coalition?
At Backcountry Coalition we strive to provide our visitors and members with a place to share their experiences and love for backcountry skiing. Our site is built from our member base and grows with them. Check out our Areas & Descents section for detailed information regarding ski areas, and some of the routes that our members have discovered.[learn more]
From the Forum
- - Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- - We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- - We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- - We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- - Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- - We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- - We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Tree chute, very steep, the top part when you are traversing to the descent is very meadow skippy but the second you are in the chute it is a tight and steep tree chute. It's probably about 500' long once you are in the chute proper, If you manage to get first tracks in it, your in for a pretty incredible ski. Once you ski the chute ski out towards skiers left through some low angle trees to the road cut. NOTE: this pull out is probably the single most annoying place at berthoud pass to catch a ride from. My advice-cross to the other side of the road and walk up the hill aways (assuming the side is plowed). If you ski out towards the right it will take you to 7 mile, which is a very long low angle ski down to Winter Park.[more]