Random ShotsMap of the Crystal Peak Area, showing Peak 10, Crystal Peak, Peak 9, Pacific, Herbs Bowl, and Father
New to Backcountry Coalition?
At Backcountry Coalition we strive to provide our visitors and members with a place to share their experiences and love for backcountry skiing. Our site is built from our member base and grows with them. Check out our Areas & Descents section for detailed information regarding ski areas, and some of the routes that our members have discovered.[learn more]
From the Forum
- - Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- - We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- - We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- - We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- - Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- - We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- - We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Steep wide open bowl. The bowl tops out in the 30 degrees so only ski this in times of pretty safe avalanche conditions. If you go too far to the north there is a MONSTROUS cornice usually there so watch out for that. You'll ski down to a bench which makes a great island of safety to watch your buddies from (pick your location wisely). After that there are a few mellow tree shots that you can pick up further to the east that will add into the descent and take you right back to where the road first switchbacks. Be careful though, even these tree chutes can have pretty high avy danger.[more]